- 3 People
- 30 Mins.
- For Pakodas:
- ½ cup + 2tbsps of Tata Sampann Fine Besan
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 1/3rd cup of chopped fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1/4th tsp of carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- Tata salt to taste
- Baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
- For Kadhi:
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1/4th cup of besan
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 ½ tsps. Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbs oil
- ¾ th tsp of fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 6 dried red chillies halved
- 5-6 cloves
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 1 medium sized onion sliced (optional)
- ½ inch ginger piece chopped , 1 tsp red chilli powder
Method to make Punjabi Kadhi
Heat sufficient oil in a kadai to fry the pakodas.
Mix the besan, onion, fenugreek leaves, ginger, carom seeds, red chilli powder, baking soda and salt.
Add half cup of water and mix into a soft dough.
Drop small portions of the Tata fine besan mixture into hot oil and deep fry till golden.
Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
For the kadhi, whisk the yogurt and besan well together, ensuring that there are no lumps.
Add turmeric powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and 3 cups of water and whisk again.
Heat oil in a deep nom-stick pan, add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, red chillies, cloves and asafetida and saute for half a minute.
Add the onion (if using) and ginger and saute for a minute.
Add the yogurt mixture and mix well.
When the mixture comes to a boil, simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Add red chilli powder and the fried pakodas and continue to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
for Punjabi Kadhi
Tata Sampann Low Oil Absorb Fine Besan Recipe Chefs Recommendation