- 4 People
- 15 Mins.
- 1/2 cup split pigeon peas (toor dal)
- 1/2 cup split skinless green gram (moong dal)
- 1/2 cup split skinless red lentil (masoor dal)
- Tata Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsps of ghee
- 20 gms dal masala
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander leaves
Method to make Dal Tadka
Pressure cook the dals with turmeric powder, salt to taste and 3 cups water for 3 whistles or until done.
Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and sauté chopped garlic for few seconds.
Add chopped onion and sauté till golden.
Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
Add dal masala and sauté on very low heat for half a minute.
Add cooked dal and mix well.
Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil.
Add chopped fresh coriander and serve hot.
for Dal Tadka
Adjust the quantity of dal tadka masala as per your preferred taste of dal.