Karela Dal Puri
- 3-4 people People
- 25-30 mins Mins.
- 3 medium size Bitter gourd (Karela)
- ¼ cup washed Black gram skinned (Urad dal)
- 1-inch piece of Ginger
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tea spoon Coriander, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tea spoon of Cumin seeds
- 2 tea spoons of Fennel seeds
- ¾ tea spoon Asafoetida powder
- ¼ cup chopped Onions
- ½ cup Gram flour (Besan)
- ¾ cup Wheat flour
- 2 table spoons of Curd
- Oil to fry the puri
- Salt and Red chilli (according to taste)
Method to make Karela Dal Puri
Wash the karela and then grate it. Remove the hard seeds
After washing the Urad dal, soak it in water for 2 hours. Strain the water and then grind it
Mix all the ingredients and kneed it into a tight dough.
Add some more flour if needed. Cover and keep it aside for 20 mins.
Post that make small balls and roll them into puris and fry them.
These puris don’t rise but if roasted properly, they will become crisp and delicious
Enjoy an Aloo gravy with these crisp Puris
for Karela Dal Puri
If you soak unpolished urad dal for a shorter duration it can still be grinded easily.